Fortunately, there are more educational resources accessible from home than ever before. Here is a list of free education resources you and your children can use to continue the learning journey, from home. As long as you have an internet connection, you can use these online resources to unlock hours of learning.
Alongside the online resources, we have also included some general home learning ideas that do not require the internet.
The government have now issued a list of online resources available for all. Please follow this link to access them: Government Home Learning Resources
- https://stories.audible.com/start- all stories are free to stream
- Create a poster of acts of kindness you have completed.
- Produce a poster or design a T-shirt on how you: Repair, Reuse, Reduce and Recycle.
- Learn a song, dance or a poem from another country.
- Write a letter to a friend or family member in another country.
- Create a comic strip about how to stay safe e.g. internet safety, safety at home, at swimming pool, in public.
- Keep a news journal
- Help prepare a meal and create your own recipe card
- Make a board game
- https://learning.parliament.uk/resources/ presentations, games and reading materials all about Parliament
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8R7MERBVOgtqOaquIqrBg/videos Spot and Stripe- age graded videos to launch mini-debates
Fegan’s Counselling has given free access to their dad.info website. Parents can find tips and advice on how to manage their children anxiety, co-parenting during social isolation, home activities ideas etc…
- Good Thinking website for adults looking for resources to support their mental health
and wellbeing: https://www.good-thinking.uk/
- Advice for Parents and Guardians as well as schools dealing with school closures
- Blogs on the Young Minds website for young people on managing anxiety about the
outbreak and self-isolating: https://youngminds.org.uk/
- Calm have released a set of free meditation/mindfulness exercises
- Online Yoga available from Indaba, Yogarise, Triyoga
- Online yoga and meditation with Wanderlust
- Online gym