At Palm Bay we have a very strong vision for physical education.
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Our objective is to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
SPORTS PREMIUM PROJECTED SPENDING 2019 – 20
The new Sports Premium plan is now available to view here:
Swimming is a very important life skill, especially in our locality as we work hard to ensure that all pupils can meet the standard expected at the end of KS2. As a school we have a statutory obligation to provide swimming lessons for all pupils, just as we do with every other aspect of the National Curriculum. The National Curriculum states that:
All schools must provide swimming instruction either in key stage 1 or key stage 2.
In particular, pupils should be taught to:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke]
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
As a school, we use a portion of our sports premium budget to support the payment of the hire of the pool, the lifeguard and the swimming coach for those children who cannot meet the required distance of 25m.
Of our current year 6 pupils, 27 of them are of the required standard.
Historic Sports Premium Strategy Plans and Evaluations