At Palm Bay we follow the Cornerstones Curriculum. It has a project-based, thematic approach and provides children with a range of rich and memorable learning experiences.
- Engage children through interesting topics and hands-on activities.
- Make meaningful links between subjects.
- Develop children’s skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of themes and concepts.
- Make effective connections to the real world.
- Help children to think creatively and solve problems.
- Develop children’s capacities to work independently and collaboratively.
- Enable children to make choices about their learning.
- Take account of children’s interests and fascinations.
- develops children to the best of their abilities
- helps children to find their passions and interests
- facilitates children’s acquisition of knowledge, skills and understanding
- helps children to develop intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically and morally
- assists children in becoming independent, responsible, useful, confident and considerate members of the community
- promotes a positive attitude towards learning, so children enjoy coming to school
- helps children to acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning
- creates and maintains an exciting and stimulating learning environment
- ensures that each child’s education has continuity and progression
- enables children to contribute positively within a culturally diverse society
For more information contact Nichola Smith, our curriculum lead at email@example.com
We have a creative topic-based curriculum called ‘Cornerstones’, incorporating Literacy, the humanities, the arts and Science. You can find out more on the Cornerstones website: https://cornerstoneseducation.co.uk/.